Since shoes tend to be so specific in their purpose, the task of whittling down to just a few pairs for a several week to several month adventure becomes an agonizing one at best.
Here is my packing strategy to keep my bag light and my feet happy!
1) Golden Goose sneakers to wear on the plane (I don’t like to wear sandals on a plane, and I love that I can slide in and out of these with relative ease). Also stylish and fun to wear with a dress or punch up a casual outfit.
2) A metallic sandal – I’ve been loving these flat, strappy sandals from J. Crew that are comfortable and supportive enough to walk around in, yet stylish enough to dress up a simple outfit for a nice dinner.
3) My Arizonas…these big-buckle Birkenstocks are a fresh, fun update on the classic and are more versatile than you might think – perfect for slipping on to go to the pool and also great arch support after a long day of walking / hiking.
4) TEVAS! A sporty sandal that can withstand lots of walking because of the deep cushioned sole, can handle a downpour because they dry very quickly, and also features a strap around the heel which is necessary for river recreation.
5) ON Cloudace Running Shoes: incredibly sturdy and supportive – great for hiking, while also cute enough to wear around doing all the tourist things when your feet are just beat.