This is my FAVORITE go-to one dish dinner. We do a lot of “bowls” for dinner in our household and this one is frequently on rotation. I usually have all of these ingredients on hand at any given time which makes it so easy to throw together!
And while the ingredients for this dish are simple and clean, the flavors pack a lot of punch.
And let’s talk about the hummus for a moment! It keeps the chicken so moist and combined with the lemon juice it also melts onto the veggies, giving them the most wonderful flavor!
You can easily mix up the ingredients to accommodate your personal preferences…don’t like olives? I don’t know what’s wrong with you (kidding), but omit them!
I love this served over shredded cabbage which slightly wilts when you drizzle the cooking juices over it – so yummy and healthy. And you can’t beat a one-dish dinner with 10 minutes of prep time!
I think next time I make this I’ll change it up and add some diced zucchini and serve over rice!
I highly recommend that you give this one a try! xx, V
One Dish Dinner: Hummus-Crusted Greek Chicken & Veggie Bake
- 4 Organic boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp. Greek Seasoning
- 1 Cup Hummus
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Peperoncini, sliced
- 3/4 Cup Sheep's Milk Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 1 Tbsp. Partially Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Head Cabbage, Shredded
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare one large baking dish (8"x13" or 9"x12") with cooking spray.
- Trim four large chicken breasts, removing any fatty or undesirable parts. Pat the chicken dry and rub chicken on both sides with Greek Seasoning. Set aside.
- Slice onion into large rings, drain olives and slice, rinse tomatoes, remove seeds from peperoncini and slice, juice 1/2 the lemon, slice the other 1/2, and crumble the Feta.
- Place the onions, olives, tomatoes, and peperoncini on the bottom of the dish in an even layer. Lay the four chicken breasts evenly on top, then spread hummus on each chicken breast so that the entire breast is covered.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta over the top, and then drizzle the lemon juice over the chicken and vegetables. Then sprinkle the pan with sumac and place the lemon slices in between the chicken and vegetables if desired.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, the vegetables are tender, and the feta is starting to slightly brown. Sprinkle partially dried oregano over the top. Serve immediately over shredded cabbage.