The Best Surprise Ever: One Year & Counting

Friday, February 14, 2020

It absolutely blows my mind that it has been exactly one year since I shared with you folks that I was expecting another baby! It is crazy to think how drastically life can change in a year. I promise, when I found out we were having another baby I was as surprised as anyone. Generally speaking, I am not a fan of surprises, but Blake has been the absolute BEST miracle EVER, and I couldn’t have planned it better if I had tried!

Blake is now 6 months old and after implementing some sleep training a few weeks ago (I can’t recommend the trainer & program we used enough – it CHANGED OUR LIVES and I’ll share more soon) I am finally getting a solid night’s sleep and I am shifting from survive mode to thrive mode. What does this mean? I am being more intentional about what I am eating, what I am feeding my family, practicing self-care and exercising. And I feel like a new person, already! But I know that this is a marathon, not a sprint.

And I want to take you guys along on my journey! Instead of waiting until I’ve lost the weight, toned back up, and feel back at my “fighting weight”, as they say, – in essence, I have decided to get as real as possible and share anyway even if I feel like I am not at my best! I think we are all looking for real life, honest accounts. Enough with the highlight reels! I keep it pretty real with you guys but I am going to take a more intentional approach to keep things inspirational, funny, and bring you valuable, relevant information.

I have no idea what this is going to look like, and I don’t have some kind of master plan. All I know is that in the spirit of transparency and authenticity, I am going to do my absolute best 90% of the time to make smarter, better choices (allowing myself some grace the other 10% because a girls’ gotta LIVE, right?!) and share with you as I go, even if it gets a little messy.

xx,
V

You May Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.